For efficient and safe removal of residual bonding material without damage to enamel or restorations.
Patients with orthodontic aligners will experience residual resin left on teeth that can lead to staining and plaque buildup. Brasseler developed the BrioShine Feather Lite Multi-Purpose Purple Polishers (MP3) for efficient and safe removal of residual bonding material without damage to enamel or restorations.
Features & Benefits:
- Diamond-impregnated polyurethane rubber with a unique shape and flexibility; provides access to areas other shapes can’t
- Embossed heads and color- coded for ease of identification
- Starts as a knife-edge used as a finishing disc then wears into starburst-shaped ribs; adapts to all tooth surfaces
- Conveniently sterile for single-patient use; ready to use, disposable
How To Use For Orthodontic Removal of Residual Aligner Attachments:
Depending on the thickness of the attachment, start with removing excess material with a multi-fluted finishing carbide like H375R.016 or a super-coarse mylar disc like VersaFlex. Then use MP3for residual material. Begin with the dark purple coarse MP3 for the initial removal. It safely cuts while preserving surface texture. Then move to the light purple medium MP3 to remove final remnants and pre-polish. Conclude with the gray fine MP3 to provide the final polish and to create an enamel-like finish.
MP3 is multi-purpose and will become your go-to polisher. In addition to its primary indication—orthodontic removal of residual aligner attachments—they’re also effective:
- Removing excess cement
- Smoothing enamel scratches
- Removing surface stains several months or years after orthodontic debonding